Fired Equipment/Combustion Engineer
ExxonMobil | China, Huizhou
Job Role Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities for this position are to provide technical guidance for fired equipment such as fired heaters, boilers, heat recovery steam generators (HRSGs), flares, thermal oxidizers in the design, operation, troubleshooting, optimization, monitoring and reliability improvements.
Primary Job Functions include:
- Respond to plant operational events,
- Analyze site equipment performance,
- Drive site asset improvement in the areas of Safety, Reliability, Environmental Performance and Equipment Capability,
- Lead the application of emerging fired equipment technology in the facilities,
- Provide quality assurance of fired equipment design, and
- Interface with Global Experts to advance combustion technology.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- A strong interest in thermal sciences (Automotive, Gas Turbine, Power Generation, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills in design and troubleshooting
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Willing and able to accept some travel and some out-of-office work assignments
- Willing and able to be coached and mentored by senior fired equipment engineers, often remotely
- A self-starter that is able to manage individual workload and utilize resources to overcome obstacles
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment within the Petrochemical Industry
- Research in thermal sciences, fluid flow, heat transfer or combustion
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Willingness for 1-2 year’s short-term relocation, if required.