Sulzer | Singapore, Singapore
Purpose of the Job
- To fault find, maintain and rectify failures on Pump equipment. Install and commission Pump equipment at site based location.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Responsibilities
- Promote Health, Safety and Environmental awareness.
- Ensure that all work undertaken is done so in a safe manner.
- Observe and comply with company safety, quality and management systems.
- Observe and comply with client site safety systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, maintain and repair Pump equipment and ancillary equipment at client’s offshore and onshore site.
- Dismantle from site, strip and inspect rotating equipment and report any specific fault on the report form.
- Compile inspection/assessment reports and communicate with line manager on a regular basis, as appropriate.
- Re-assemble and commission rotating equipment.
- Liaise with clients representatives
- Ensure that all reports and records are updated after completion of work.
- Ensure all maintenance and repair work is economically completed to client and certifying authority standards.
- Ensure that any modification is properly controlled and documented.
- Ensure all tooling is suitable and maintained in good condition.
- Ensure all work undertaken is done in the most cost-effective manner.
- Identify areas of improvement to reduce the cost to the company whilst maintaining quality of service and product.
- Liaise effectively with the client and Sulzer Field Service manager.
- Encourage team working to improve working practices and shared learning.
- Participate in team development events.
- Support the company in its drive to create a better, more productive and safer working environment
- Embrace the Lean operating principles and seek to apply these in the work place
- Take an active part in improvement teams
- Apply 5S principles to improve safety and working methods
- Participate in team training and developments events
- Encourage team working and seek to shared best practice with co-workers
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
- Relevant equipment experience, offshore oil industry experience
Competencies and behaviour required (What strengths needed?):
- A very strong customer service attitude and good negotiation skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills, for developing and implementing solutions to problems with assigned projects.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can work well with Others in a Team
- Fluent in written & spoken English.