Field Service Engineer PBL
Wärtsilä | Australia, Henderson
Perform Mechanical maintenance and/or trouble shooting on Wartsila products or similar medium bore diesel engines
- Overhaul engine components in workshop and at site/on board including some in situ machining.
- Carry out engine product trouble shooting, routine maintenance & components investigation.
- Check and adjust relevant systems (i.e. auxiliary equipment).
- Pre-commissioning of engines and Perform Mechanical commissioning.
- Prepare Service reports and travel expenses on time and with expected Wartsila quality.
- Identify failures, making adjustments, assist on trial runs and testing of Mechanical installations according to instructions.
- Provide internal and external work reports according to Wärtsilä standards. Perform site audits.
- Collect and organize time and expense reports. Reporting and informing administrative personnel as required.
- Report executed work according to Wärtsilä standards.
- English, second language is a plus
- MS Office tools
- IM applications and IM tools
- Wärtsilä knowledge
- Communication skills & customer relations
- Motivated to learn and grow professionally
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to deal with people of different nationality.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to travel Worldwide for at least 7-8 month per year and also abroad when required.
- Able to generate technical service reports
- BS degree + 2 year of related experience, or AS degree and 3 years of experience, or High School Diploma /Technical / Vocational school (preferably Marine, Mechanical or USCG) + 5 years of experience
- Mechanical engineer on Wartsila Diesel Engine or similar Medium bore applications as a Lead Man
- Mechanical technical experience on Wartsila Power Plants or similar application as a Lead Man
- Lead man experience
- Mechanical officer on Ships with Wartsila engines or similar application
- Strong knowledge of auxiliaries equipment
- Electrical troubleshooting Skills A+
- Sulzer Z40S Experience A+
- ABB Turbocharger Experience A+