This role is an opportunity for you to play a pivotal part in new product development within the Wireline industry. You will field trial and develop new and innovative technology covering all aspects of wireline intervention throughout the United States with some international assignments.
As part of the Product Line team you will prepare and manage field trials of new equipment including, readiness for trial, prepare test programs in collaboration with the engineering teams, provide training for client field users, attend field trials on location representing the company, provide technical assistance on site when needed and feedback performance and improvement suggestions from the trial.
You will have full responsibility to manage field trials from customer communication through to technical preparations and design review follow ups after trial.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibility for managing field trials of new and modified equipment.
- Attend field trial to provide technical support.
- Drive toolbox talks and safety when using the equipment onsite.
- Create test procedures in collaboration with the engineering and product line teams.
Ensure field trial schedule is met with:
- Pre-job mobilization planning.
- Preparing equipment.
- Managing logistics.
- Communicating with clients.
- Preparing test programs.
- Provide technical training and support to operators using new equipment.
- Provide candid advice and feedback before and after field trial.
- Document and report field trials including customer feedback and professional observations.
- Be prepared to travel regularly to well site locations throughout the United States with some additional international travel.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information (Functional/Technical Learning)
- Anticipates the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept risk and uncertainty (dealing with ambiguity)
- Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines (Timely Decision Making)
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks (Informing)
- Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately (Priority Setting)
- Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks (Time Management)
- 5+ years Wellsite field experience.
- 5+ years Wireline intervention experience.
- Field testing experience
- Skills, training or special knowledge
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Good command English language.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Quality Assurance
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the Quality Assurance procedures and department/area work instructions.
- Contribute to general improvements in the quality and key activities of the department/area.
- Participate in training where required.
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Carry out all duties safely and in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy, Employee Handbook, procedures, training and instruction.
- To be safety conscious and report any safety hazards to the HSE representative.