Field Service Engineer MB Propulsion Controls
Wärtsilä | USA, Lauderdale
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT
You will be part of a highly skilled and motivated team of Marine Business professionals who are able to independently work and take decisions under pressure in combination with analytical/critical thinking and excellent knowledge about Wartsila’s products and installations. We are looking for a safety & quality minded, dynamic, flexible and detail oriented high performer to join our fast paced and exciting Team.
Required Main Responsibilities
- Perform Field Service activities according to the required job scope.
- Carry out complex field service assignments on marine installations, both alone and as part of the team.
- Follow up and participate in field assignments on Marine installations.
- Install, commission, and troubleshoot controls systems for Propulsion equipment, both Electrical and Hydraulic.
- Represent Wartsila in customer meetings as a technical advisor.
- Ensure that the work is executed according to Wärtsila Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures.
- Continual willingness to implement new ways of working and tools in daily work. (Software, systems, processes)
- Keep track of work details and provide in-depth reports including all the necessary requirements and recommendations. (Measurements, photos, way of working, investigations, etc.)
- Proactively advise and promote available products and solutions to customers.
- Ability and willingness to travel on short notice. Away from home more than 75% of the year
- Cost awareness and effectiveness
- Presentation and professional conduct
- Reporting and analysis
- Wärtsilä knowledge and business understanding
- Planning and target setting
- Ability to manage oneself independently
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- English as a primary language, another language is a plus.
- Ability to work safely in a challenging environment.
- Rudimentary knowledge and experience with Marine Propulsion systems (Thrusters, Controllable Pitch Propellers, WaterJets )
- Understanding of the customer's needs.
- Engineering fundamentals concerning the control of mechanical systems, both education, and experience.
- Experience in low voltage automation, including PLC, Micro Processor, and Analog systems.
- Understanding of Hydraulic and Pneumatic control systems is a plus