Field Engineer – Small Vehicles
Oceaneering | USA, Hanover
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interface with all phases of manufacturing; ensure input at an early stage for appropriate system design with limited supervision.
- Provide resolution to manufacturing problems.
- Troubleshoot and repair electro-mechanical systems.
- Provide support of red-lining of drawing packages to reflect “as-Built” status of equipment.
- Assists in developing manufacturing and installation cost-benefit analysis input.
- Augment engineering process at design reviews with manufacturing/field experience.
- Perform a variety of fundamental field engineering tasks with minimal supervision of a senior level engineer; involved in the installation, operation, testing, and maintenance of electronic equipment and systems.
- Assist in conducting research and reference reading to assist engineers in obtaining technical information and keeps informed of currently approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to engineering specialty.
- Assist in performing engineering or other highly technical tasks that are varied and may be somewhat difficult in character.
- Plan and carries out successive engineering steps and resolves technical problems by standard practices and techniques such as tolerance studies and design calculations.
- Support projects with limited scope or parts of more complex projects with detailed instructions on the intent and scope of the documents to be prepared.
- Assist with generating sections of design specifications of more complex projects or complete specifications of less complex projects.
- Using computer-assisted test methods, conducts laboratory investigations on equipment or systems.
- Assist in preparation of reports, correspondence, or technical studies.
- Study currently approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to the engineering specialty.
- Prepare, deliver, and submit technical presentations for in-process design and review meetings.
- Perform all other position-related duties as assigned or requested.
- Some travel may be required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Engineering or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Professional knowledge of applicable engineering concepts and principles and a familiarity with related engineering fields.
- Minimum five years of experience in field operations including fabrication, assembly, installation, and testing of advanced electro/mechanical systems.
- Practical knowledge of test methods and practices sufficient to perform routine to more complex engineering procedures and to prepare or make minor modifications of standard test procedures or test equipment work instructions.
- Knowledge of ANSI drawing practices for mechanical drafting and working knowledge of electrical schematics.
- Experience with preparation of progress reports, job completion estimates, and cost estimating essential.
- Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, AWS D1.1,2
- Must be able to attain a top-security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience directly related to construction, installation, testing, and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain an active top-security clearance.