Field Engineer – Small Vehicles
Oceaneering | USA, Hanover
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interface with all phases of manufacturing; ensure input at an early stage for appropriate system design.
- Contributes in providing resolution to manufacturing problems.
- Assists in troubleshooting and repair electro-mechanical systems.
- Provide support of red-lining of drawing packages to reflect “as-Built” status of equipment.
- Contributes in the engineering process at design reviews with limited manufacturing/field experience.
- Assist in performing a variety of fundamental field engineering tasks under general supervision of a senior level engineer or senior level field engineer; involved in the installation, operation, testing, and maintenance of electronic equipment and systems.
- Provides assistance for performing engineering or other technical tasks that are varied and may be somewhat difficult in character.
- Assists in carrying out successive engineering steps and assisting in resolving technical problems by standard practices and techniques such as tolerance studies and design calculations.
- Supports projects with detailed scope or projects with detailed instructions on the intent and scope of the documents to be prepared.
- Contributes to generating sections of design specifications of routine projects.
- Using computer-assisted test methods, conducts laboratory investigations on equipment or systems.
- Assist in preparation of reports, correspondence, or technical studies.
- Study currently approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to the engineering specialty.
- Contributes in the preparation of technical presentations for in-process design and review meetings.
- Perform all other position-related duties as assigned or requested.
- Some travel may be required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reporting Relationships
- Reports to OTECH Management
- Knowledge of applicable engineering concepts and principles and a familiarity with related engineering fields.
- 0 to 5 years of experience in field operations including fabrication, assembly, installation, and testing of electro/mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of test methods and practices sufficient to perform routine engineering procedures
- Knowledge of ANSI drawing practices for mechanical drafting and working knowledge of electrical schematics.
- Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, AWS D1.1,2
- Must be able to attain a top-security clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Associate’s degree in related field.
- Experience directly related to construction, installation, testing, and maintenance of equipment.