The responsibilities of the piping field engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance to the piping superintendents and crafts.
- Implementation of the project ES&H program and quality control program..
- Develop and implement Inspection and Test Plans for major piping activities.
- Inspection of field installations and completion of associated documentation on a continuing basis, and complete the final P&ID checks prior to turnover.
- Responsible for quantity take-off, control, reporting and forecasting for all piping quantities.
- Assist supervision and project controls in the preparation of detailed work plans and short-term schedules.
- Responsible for the development of piping work packages in conjunction with supervision.
- Prepare field change documentation and as-built documentation as required.
- Interpret design drawings and interface with engineering office to resolve design and constructability issues.
- Responsible for the development of pressure test packages and responsible for witnessing and verifying and acceptance.
- Work with suppliers to ensure compliance with project drawings and specifications.
- Prepare material requisitions, coordinate and review vendor drawings.
- Work with Procurement's expediting team to ensure the delivery of vendor materials to support the project schedule.
- Work within TEAMWorks to verify accurate data from engineering and suppliers.
- Ensure that materials are stored properly to ensure environmental protection.
- Complete material receipt inspections as required.
- Assist with preparation of construction estimates.
- Work closely with other discipline field engineers and coordinate efforts and activities to meet the project requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- University/B.S degree in Mechanical Engineering is desired but may be waived if equivalent industry experience can be demonstrated.
- 6 years minimum piping field engineering experience in a direct hire environment.
- Understanding of applicable Bechtel work processes including Standard Work Process Procedures is preferred.
- Experience in oil, gas, refinery, petrochemical, minerals processing or power generating station construction is preferred.
- Familiarity with Bechtel Standard Applications (BSAPs) including InfoWorks, TEAMWorks, BPS, PTR, and other automation tools which are used on Bechtel projects is an asset.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards is required.
- Excellent communication and problem solving ability
- All applicants must have the right to work and remain in the United States.