Field Engineer II/Senior/General - Directional Drilling
Halliburton | Canada, Nisku, Alberta
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, provides on-site supervision of the Directional Drilling (DD) process including projection of well path to predetermined target coordinates.
- Understands principles of Bottom Hole assembly (BHA) selection and aspects of DD performance and ensures that BHA's are assembled as planned including correct make-up torque, doping and handling.
- Proficient in the use of DD computer software and able to assist in provision of advice and analysis to the client representative at the well site.
- This shall include all survey calculations and well path projections.
- Proficient in updating well profile plots and providing client representative with accurate directional survey data.
- Aware of client's requirements with regards to surveying procedures.
- Assists in the completion of a daily DD report, BHA performance report for each BHA run, completion of all service tickets and relevant paperwork (well data spreadsheet, lesson learned/best practice, End of Job Customer Survey (EJCS) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) forms).
- Familiar with the DD aspects of the client's approved drilling program.
- Assists in the inspection of all DD company equipment delivered on the work site. Interfaces with the MWD engineer to ensure BHA compatibility, planned operating parameters are within specification and correct toolface references are applied.
- Maintains records of all DD equipment at well site including dimensional data and condition.
- Ensure that all equipment is laid out after use in accordance with company procedures and manifested for backload at the end of the job.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in a STEM discipline, and 6 months working as a Field Prof-DD, I.
- Requires ability to read and interpret designed well plans, directional survey information and other well site data.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude of required standards.
- Must possess good communication, arithmetic, data entry and recording skills.
- Must possess relevant rig safety certificates.
- This is a field position.
- Experience with Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD/Ranging) preferred.