Field Engineer - (DO Engineer)
- SFE PURPOSE: Shell partners with an external Engineering Procurement Construction Management company (EPCM’s) for developing retail sites on a turn key basis/Program Managing basis. The Shell Field Engineer (SFE) is the single point of accountability within Shell for the delivery of Retail outlets with global design and high HSSE on ground with specific focus on delivering e2e assurance of all construction projects within his scope.
- The SFE’s role is to: Pro-actively drive the quick turnaround of Retail Outlet construction through the EPCMs, to agreed outcomes, meeting HSSE and Retail business objectives. Time, Cost and end Objectives drive the Shell construction projects.
- SFE has to ensure Construction Audits of the EPCM’s and the Contractors they hire with remedial action completion.
- Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships internally with Shell Sales & Ops (S&O), Shell Marketing, Shell Network, Shell EPCM Managers and other external third party entities such as Municipality, PESO, Engg Project Management Company (EPMC), Contractors and pro-actively communicate with them in order to deliver Retail sites within timelines and cost.
- 5-8 years of relevant working experience, preferably of Retail operations and/or Programme Management.
- IT: E-Mail, Microsoft Word/Excel/PPT and any ERP system working experience is a must. SAP is an advantage.
- Understanding of the Retail business with regards to retailers/dealers and customers interfaces is an advantage.
- Strong stakeholders interfacing skills (both internal and external, including vendors/contractors)
- Strong communication, negotiation and engagement skills.
Solution-focused and able to self-motivate.
We continue to strive to build a professional Retail organization. Professional Retail experience and a good overall understanding of the Retail business will therefore be an advantage in any application. However, non-Retail candidates with strong track record in delivering Programme and Projects via Partner will also be considered.