- This position is for an aviation project in Ireland. Bechtel will be working in an integrated team with our client to support the delivery of a Capital Investment Plan of circa €2bn within an operating airport environment at Cork and Dublin Airports.
- The ideal candidate would be a team player capable of adaptation to an integrated team environment. A driven self-starter, confident, agile, articulate and capable of leading change by example. Collaborative and flexible to meet all the demands of the client.
- Conduct and oversee the role that requires an on-site presence during the construction of the project. This role will be based at Cork Airport.
- Monitor compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental issues.
- Actively promote a positive safety culture in the team and on site.
- Attend safety leadership meetings as required.
- Review construction quality plans and inspection plans.
- Perform construction quality assurance and control on design and build projects to establish confidence that the quality of the work being performed meets requirements.
- Review and comment on contractor RAMS for submittal into the Client’s Permit System.
- Monitor, comment and track progress against the contract programme.
- Keep a comprehensive site diary.
- Assist in the management of RFI’s, Change requests and Technical Queries.
- Assist in reviewing the Project Safety File.
- Establish and agree KPI’s to measure contract performance.
- Manage and close out construction defects.
- Attend and provide input to design meetings.
- The Project Engineer shall (where required) fulfil the responsibilities of the NEC Supervisor.
Basic & Preferred Experience
- 10+ years’ experience on major Civil/Building, Electrical, or airport special systems works projects.
- Specific experience in working projects with a ‘constrained’ work period, such as within defined limited work windows (e.g., Aviation runway or Rail possession works) is required.
- Understanding of operating in a live airport environment. specifically for Airfield paving operations, is preferred.
- Experience in airport construction or a similar, highly regulated environment preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing policies, standards and procedures.
- Experience of dealing with a range of stakeholders at all levels across the organisation influencing the improvement of process and guidance to support project delivery.
- Knowledge of NEC and FIDIC suite of contracts.
- Experience in contract management and administration across several contract types preferred.
- Experience delivering high quality construction outputs that meet ES&H standards.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take decisive action based on own judgement, experience and knowledge.
- Ability to analyse problems and create solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with different disciplines.
- Excellent stakeholder negotiation and management skills.
- Degree in a relevant subject area e.g. engineering, construction, project management required.
- Relevant postgraduate degree preferred.
- Chartered member of a relevant professional body preferred (MICE, IEI etc.).
What we offer
- At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the centre of our business and Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives.
We can offer:
- Flexible Working
- Life Insurance Program
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability Scheme