Field Development Engineer
The Field Development Group is part of the Subsea 7 Business Development and shall:
- Proactively participate to clients engagements in the early stages of a development, as support to Business Development Managers.
- Develop relationship with Alliance partner OneSubsea;
- Manage paid and unpaid studies (as Alliance, or Subsea 7 stand-alone, for external clients or internal studies for Technology and S&M);
- Support FEED proposals (technical input and cost basis);
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Develop strong client relationships in coordination with the Business Development Manager / Client Account Manager to ensure client technical drivers are understood and maintained from concept select to FEED and Tender. This includes performing technical presentations to clients, attending client project meetings and ensuring client feedback is captured.
- Actively participate to client meetings on field development strategies and decisions, being able to understand and potentially challenge client’s perspectives, to promote novel and optimized subsea architectures.
- Monitor ongoing study and project work on a continuous basis, to ensure that projects and studies are being performed in accordance with client expectations and Subsea 7 overall strategy
- Attendance at Client Technology Workshops, Public Conferences as speaker, Tender board reviews, as appropriate.
- Actively contribute to a positive and proactive working environment within the Field Development Group that encourages a spirit of openness and collaboration with other regions.
- Contribute to the continuous growth of the business for the Field Development Group and Subsea 7’s alliance with OneSubsea.
- Maintain a strong and collaborative relationship with the Engineering Departments (in AMEC, GPC, PG), ensuring that:
- Engineering resource needs for studies and projects are communicated in a timely manner;
- Progress and performance issues are discussed and addressed appropriately by the Engineering Department;
- Technology development achievements are accounted for, promoted to our clients and clients’ feedback is shared with Technology Development community.
- Ensure collaborative relationships are built with the other functions to ensure a consistent approach across the entire business (focus on estimating/tendering).
- Ensure correct use of the overall technical support disciplines and feedback to these.
- Fully manage paid studies for external clients (SOW clarification, contract negotiation, study execution, close-out and follow-up) as per FDG operating principles.
- Operate within legal framework, budgets and safety procedures.
- Operate within Subsea 7’s Management System, policies and strategy.
- For level of financial authority see MTX-AFGOM-FIN-006
- Industry bodies
- Alliance partners
- AMEC Business Development Managers
- Global Account Directors
- Engineering discipline managers (AMEC, GPC, PG)
- Technology Managers
- AMEC Tendering Director
- Alliance partner early engagement teams
- Wide technical knowledge of SURF (design, installation), willingness to learn on other fields (eg SPS, FPSO, Topsides, Reservoir)
- Experience / expertise in Flow Assurance is a plus
- Good communication skills, ability to face clients and promote Subsea 7 variety of solutions
- Enthusiastic about developing Subsea 7 early engagement capabilities
- Collaborative behavior
- Good cost awareness, interest in sales and marketing activities
- Experienced in managing teams and/or departments, including budget and schedule responsibility
- Encouraging production of new ideas