Facility Manager / Engineer
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Provide technical expertise to site operations on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluating whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions
- Provide project engineering support to project managers on capital projects for FS&RE
- Collaborate with multi-functions within FS&RE, R&D, and Site Operations to develop improvement opportunities for new projects
- Provide project support for Reliability focused projects
- Perform front end loading development with key stakeholders
- Provide overall planning and organization during the design and construction of FS&RE projects
- Coordinate all design engineering, procurement, and construction activities
- Lead the project execution planning including contracting strategy development
- Analyze project risks and develop mitigation plans
- Drive project execution and take corrective action to ensure the project goals are met
- Deliver as-built and operations/maintenance documentation to the facility
- Execute engineering work orders from planning through execution
- Closely follow jobs to ensure safety and quality expectations are met
- Provide technical support and involve site SMEs and supplier/vendors as needed for projects
- Provide technical support for specification, identification and purchasing of needed parts
- Provide expertise on failures during root cause investigations
- Work closely with the site’s EH&S delivery team to insure projects and engineering work orders are completed safety
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Facilities Management is required
- At least 5 years of relevant operational experience in a R&D or Industrial facility is required
- Change management experience is required
- Excellent communication skills, organizational and work coordination skills, and interpersonal skills are also critical to role success.
- Understanding infrastructure and buildings systems including but not limited to Site utilities, Security, Office Buildings, R&D buildings, Environmental Buildings, Insectary, R&D Greenhouses, and a vast variety of Agricultural Research laboratories.
- Previous experience involving project execution work processes.