Marathon Oil | USA, Carlsbad
Marathon Oil is currently seeking a Facilities Engineer in Carlsbad, NM to support our growing exploration and production program across the Permian Asset. This position will provide engineering, planning, construction, and operations support for well site production facilities and other infrastructure systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support Construction and Production Operations teams in designing and developing cost estimates for field maintenance projects.
- Serve as the liaison between the Facilities Engineering team in Houston, TX and the Construction and Production teams in Carlsbad, NM.
- Provide project planning and management leadership to capital and expense projects; accountable for scope, cost, schedule and following engineering procedures and standards.
- Provide engineering expertise in support of exploration and production program across the Permian Asset, with focus on value optimization.
- Assist in CAPEX budget preparation; monitor CAPEX expenditures.
- Collaborate with HES, Construction Maintenance and Production Operations teams to reduce vapor emissions and comply with QuadOa requirements.
- Promote Marathon's culture of safety and environmental standards; follow Marathon’s Responsible Operations Management System standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required. Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- 1-3 years of Facilities Engineering experience within the oil and gas industry.
- Working knowledge in hydraulic analysis, equipment sizing/design, materials of construction and hydrocarbon/water treating and processing.
- Strong team player, leader and communicator that is results driven, but places high value on safety, the environment and regulatory compliance in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to develop and manage multiple, fast track projects with dedication to obtaining desired results and a strong drive for continuous improvement.
- Must be capable of identifying areas for improvement in technology and operations and persevere to implement changes when necessary.
- Must possess strong leadership and motivational skills in order to achieve maximum results in a diverse workforce.
- Working knowledge, typically gained in upstream oil and gas operations of rotating and stationary equipment, reliability engineering principals, life cycle cost analysis, corrosion engineering principals and process controls and systems.
- Familiar with MOC, HAZOPs and PSSR/commissioning process.
- Familiar with surface regulatory, environmental and land permit regulations.
- Preferred software proficiencies: SAP-PM, HYSYS or ProMax, Spotfire, Visio, Access, Wonderware (SCADA).