Conoco Phillips | USA, Kenedy
If you are selected as the Facilities Engineer, you will be part of the Base & Stabilization team within the Projects Organization. The position will be based at the ConocoPhillips Kenedy, Texas office and the candidate will be required to live within a 40 mile radius of this office location. The team is accountable for infrastructure planning in support of the Eagle Ford Development Plan. The team has oversight of well facility designs, pipeline & gathering, central facilities, central delivery points, stabilizer plants as well as commercial take-away. As a Facilities Engineer you will be expected to frame and advance ideas, opportunities, problems, and regulatory issues as presented by the Exploration, Development and Operations groups to a decision point where the projects are handed off to project leads for further development and delivery. Facilities Engineers in this role typically participate in or lead multi-discipline teams to provide development concept options/framing, cost and schedule ranges, and project risking.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Provide coordination with Project Engineers, Production Operations, Environmental, Regulatory, HSE, Projects, Right of Way, Procurement, Drafting, and Maintenance to develop and execute facility infrastructure plans in a changing environment
- Provide solutions and optimization support to operations to resolve day-to-day operational issues
- Provide normal, shutdown, and emergency operations support
- Develop/modify Operating/Maintenance procedures and assist with understanding/comprehension of material to provide safety and optimized performance
- Act as key interface to ensure regulatory and HSE compliance
- Provide leadership and strong advocacy for process and personal safety
- Support Project Teams and Operations in the commissioning and start-up of new/modified facilities
- Aid in the development of the scope of the work, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimating, equipment selection, procurement, and construction cost control
- Develop projects (FEL0-Detailed Design) that improve the safety and Operability of the facility. Collaborate with Development and Execution engineering teams to ensure key interfaces / tie-ins are correctly implemented to maintain and maximize overall production.
- Support the management of the mechanical integrity programs working with the Asset Integrity group.
- Support maintenance activities in the specification of replacement/new equipment.
- Lead the monitoring and reporting of progress for facility projects
- Provide creative project options to meet critical time or capital requirements.
- Track and reconcile actual project costs with forecasts.
- Provide direct and impartial feedback to ensure corporate, BU, or industry code compliance
- Lead efforts to ensure modifications, designs, and construction standards for equipment are fully understood and effectively run through the corporate management of change (MOC) process
- Lead MOC process for all activities that are directly supported including coordination with all support functions, submission of MOC, updating appropriate documents and completion of Pre-Start Up Safety Reviews (PSSR)
- Lead and/or participate in Risk Assessments, PHA/LOPA, and Incident Investigations/Learning Teams
- If required, direct the sourcing and oversight of any Engineering Contractor utilized on the project as requested by the Project Team
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemical, mechanical, or other related engineering discipline or foreign equivalent
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- Intermediate experience with key industry codes and standards
- Willing to live within a 40-mile radius of the Kenedy, Texas office
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemical engineering or foreign equivalent
- 5+ year experience in oil and gas production
- Experience in technical areas related to Facilities, Pipeline, Compression
- Ability to manage numerous projects
- Understanding of Process Safety Management requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of Technical Standards (API, ASME, ISA84, etc.)
- Experience directing Engineering Contractors
- Advanced understanding of the Project process and interactions required to execute a Project
- Ability to specify appropriate equipment and material as well as evaluate alternatives
- Interactive skills vital to coordinate cohesive teams
- Ability to question the status quo and develop profitable and fit for purpose alternatives
- Experience in the Operating and/or Maintenance Departments
- Field experience in Construction related activities
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical