Ethylene Production Engineer
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products as our highest priority.
- Maintain production rates in the Ethylene Plant to achieve Divisional requirements and within product quality specifications.
- Provide ongoing engineering assistance to operations, including daily troubleshooting of process operating problems, conducting special tests, developing monthly reports, providing process supervisor relief coverage, providing technical assistance, and reporting of production status.
- Track efficiencies in Ethylene Plant and make recommendations to maximize overall plant profit and efficiency.
- Assist with the review, approval, and prioritization of projects.
- Provide engineering support to production areas to achieve optimal process efficiencies and raw material usages.
- Assist with Ethylene production reporting and month-end production closing in SAP.
- Identify and coordinate process improvements and cost reduction ideas with other plant and corporate functions.
- Implement process changes to increase production capacity, improve operating reliability, reduce manufacturing costs, reduce energy usage, conserve raw materials, improve product yields, improve product quality, enhance safety, upgrade environmental safeguards, and provide for the overall optimization of process operation.
- Provide engineering support for turnarounds and outages.
- Develop, manage, and participate in programs, methods, systems, and practices for maintaining a safe working environment.
- Maintain proficiency in Ethylene technology, process knowledge, and plant operation.
- Represent production and engineering in matters of evaluation, selection, and coordination of vendors supplying necessary operation services, materials, equipment, and other needs of operation.
- Provide liaison between the Operations Department and the various corporate and plant support functions, such as Purchasing, MIS, R&D, and the Plant Laboratory.
- Maintain safety awareness consistent with plant and corporate standards via attendance and participation in safety meetings, safety training, process hazards reviews, job observations, plant inspections, etc.
- Assure compliance and consistency of process changes and process hazard reviews with follow-up documentation and training consistent with OSHA 1910.119.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, preferably Chemical Engineering
- 2+ years experience in plant operations
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interactive skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Open to future relocation