Wood | Kazakhstan, Atyrau
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood (trading locally as QED International) is currently looking for Estimating Engineer to join our client NCOC in Atyrau. (for locals).
- Producing and documenting cost estimates through the development of a technical report and estimate basis.
- Maintain the audit trail and estimate development history through the lifecycle of the estimate.
- Develop and maintain a database of cost estimates, norms and estimates-versus-actual cost comparisons
- The job holder is responsible for:
- Ensure all activities are conducted and managed in accordance with agreed HSSE practices and procedures.
- Responsible to Support Estimating Team Lead for managing all estimating issues and interface with cost control and schedule functions. Oversee and contribute to the preparation and evaluation of cost estimates for the project.
- Prepare estimates from Conceptual through Order of magnitude to Detailed estimates for identified projects within the company.
- Overall in charge of the estimating unit in creating budget from conceptual phase up to controlled estimate
- Contribute to the development of the projects risk profiles and translate these into the estimates using deterministic and probabilistic analysis methods, as appropriate.
- Provide estimate risk analysis for all assigned projects (deterministic & probabilistic).
- Liaise with and challenge project engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key estimate sensitivities and drivers.
- Identify alternative execution methodologies to optimize cost.
- Build and maintain an estimate database, capturing historical data applicable for all future works and benchmarking.
- Maintain an overview of the cost estimates through the various steps of the maturation process.
- Compare the as-built cost with the various cost estimates, and subsequently update the norms database
- Build and develop networking opportunities. Identify and implement applicable improvements.
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant university degree or equivalent, or recognized professional technical qualification.
- Minimum 3 years estimating experience.
- Practical understanding of all phases of the project delivery process.
- Experience in working in multi-discipline and multi-national teams, with well proven interpersonal & communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Access, and @Risk is an advantage.
- Knowledge of RoK estimating norms and standards (SNIPs)
- Experience with ABC estimating software package