ERP Application engineer – SAP Finance
Chevron | Argentina, Buenos Aires
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the support and implementation of SAP Financials
- Perform detailed analysis of complex business process requirements and provide appropriate system solutions; identify, interpret, validate and document customer requirements.
- Facilitate workshops to collect business requirements
- Map client business requirements, processes and objectives; develops necessary product modifications to satisfy clients' needs.
- Design, customize, configure and testing of FI modules.
- Identify gaps, issues and work around solutions.
- Act as liaison with client for troubleshooting: investigate, analyses, and solve software problems.
- Document functional designs, test cases and results.
- Proactively identify and propose business process and/or system enhancements.
- Provide consulting services on both new implementations and existing support projects.
- Act as a liaison between the business functions and the technical team.
- Provide ad-hoc training and user support as required.
- Work self-directed and independently; may act as subject matter mentor to more junior member
- At least 8 years’ experience in SAP FI – Joint Venture (JV), Asset Management (AM) Project System (PS) Investment Management (IM), General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), TAX, Real Estate Management (RE) and Treasury (TRM) application support and /or implementation experience and/ or SAP Controlling – Product costing (PC), Profitability Analysis (PA) & Material Ledger (ML)
- Proficient English verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Understanding of accounting business processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information systems or Business, Finance, or Accounting.
- Ability to understand business processes from a customer perspective.
- SAP Functional ABAP background. Should be able to debug on their own and solve simple programing issues.
Competencies Required for the Position:
- Technical Skills and Business Process Knowledge
- Analytical and Problem Solving
- Business Savvy
- Agility, motivation, and a strong sense of urgency are needed to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication Skills
- Leadership and Collaboration