LyondellBasell | China, Suzhou
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the BU growth strategies by development of new or modified polyester compound (PBT, PET, blends, etc.) products, applications, or processes to meet market or customer objectives, lower overall cost, or improve application performance.
- Manage collaboration in the development and/or importation and of global technologies (formulations, performance, processing) to achieve commercialization and sales in domestic market.
- Drive next generation material innovation in the responsible technical fields. Find ideas and conduct proof-of-concept scouting and push for market implementation.
- Design and manage product development projects, responsible for technical deliverables of application development projects, and support problem solve customer complaints.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations at meetings or conferences, and actively participate in technical organizations and professional associations related to the targeted BU core technologies.
- Develop and manage product formulation and quality specification control plans, advise preferred production methods, support scale up activities associated with products and processes at internal or tolling manufacturing sites, act as a technical consultant to manufacturing sites for product or process related items, and to handle slow moving or off quality inventory.
- Provide guidance to procurement in respect to supplier selection and alternate sources of key raw materials. Actively working on new raw material development and raw material portfolio optimization. Assist in safe handling and use of raw materials in development and manufacturing.
- Support on technical advice and training to internal ( sales support, technicians, etc.) and external customers on product recommendations, processing, and application of new or existing products.
- Research and assess the impact of intellectual property associated with the development of products, processes and applications, and support the BU and legal counsel in matters of our freedom to operate, securing and protecting intellectual property, and assessment of competitive products.
- Assist creation and management of product datasheets, technical bulletins, and other technical product literature and support market development in creation of application or market literature.
- Assist in development of, and support and adhere to, the quality management system and design and development procedures
- All other duties not specifically assigned.
The position requires a Master’s degree in polymer and material science. A PhD degree is a plus
- The position requires at least 5 years of experience in the plastics industry. Polyester formulation knowledge is mandatory. Polymer processing and testing knowhow is a plus. Experience in automotive, appliance, E&E or other related industrial fields is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, write routine correspondence effectively and to speak fluently with internal and external customers.
- In addition, strong technical, analytical thinking, communication, problem solving, project management, results orientation and decision making skills; with sound business judgement are essential for this position. The ability to work with cross-functional teams with a focus on project deliverables is a critical requirement in this role. There is some travel associated with the position.
- Builds effective teams
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer focus
- Demonstrates courage
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Instills trust and exemplifies integrity