The position will involve all facets of environmental remediation including, but not limited to, remediation feasibility studies, remedial investigations, remedial design of treatment facilities, and operation and maintenance support. This position offers the opportunity to work with a large and diverse team of engineers and geologists to address complex environmental challenges executing the following roles/responsibilities:
- Manage small to mid-scale environmental remediation projects as well as serve as assistant project manager on large, complex projects.
- Support operation and maintenance of remediation systems and document site operations in routine monitoring reports.
- Analyze and interpret environmental data and prepare documents supporting remediation of contaminated sites.
- Sample soil, water, and waste to characterize contamination and evaluate remedial progress
- Design treatment systems, prepare engineering evaluations, and develop conceptual cost estimates.
- Prepare Work Plans, Operation and Maintenance Plans, Sampling and Analysis Plans, Feasibility Studies, and Remedial Action Plans.
- Prepare environmental permit applications and compliance reports supporting remediation system operations (e.g., air permitting, sewer discharge permitting, etc).
- Conduct emission calculations and compliance audits in support of other air permitting projects.
- Prepare design/bidding documents for soil/groundwater remediation systems soil excavation projects, demolition work, and conveyance piping.
- Track payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and general construction phase submittals.
- Conduct construction closeout activities including final inspections, completion of punch lists, record drawings, and contract closeout.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil/Chemical/Environmental Engineering.
- PE, with ability to register in Montana within the year.
- 5 to 10 years of environmental consulting experience with increasing levels of responsibility managing projects involving:
In situ and ex situ soil and groundwater remediation technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. Strong organizational abilities. Position requires working effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Consistency and attention to detail.
- Strong fundamental math skills and ability to perform engineering calculations.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites primarily in Montana, Nevada and Colorado. Approximately 10% overnight travel.
- HAZWOPER 40 hour training.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
MS in Civil/Environmental/Chemical Engineering.
- Experience implementing soil vapor extraction, thermal/catalytic oxidation, carbon adsorption and in-situ remediation including oxidation, reduction, and/or bioremediation.
- Creative, high energy individual that can identify and understand problems and offer innovative ideas and solutions. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Adaptability and willingness to adjust to client needs.
- Working outside in various weather conditions, uneven terrain.
- Office work with computer.