Entry Level Engineer (Naval Architect / Marine Engineer)
About NOV and Rig Technologies
- National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers’ full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations.
- NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the world’s most advanced drilling solutions. With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packages—think top drives, iron roughnecks, drawworks, BOPs, and risers—as well as complete land rigs, we're constantly working to solve our customers’ operational challenges. We're designing new technology and robotics that deliver increased automation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close the industry's generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drilling solutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
- We're continually pushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
GustoMSC, an NOV Company, is a reputable design & engineering company of mobile offshore units and equipment. In close cooperation with our clients, we translate experience, science and technical knowledge into realistic & innovative ideas. In this way GustoMSC enables and supports safe and efficient operations at sea, contributing to a sustainable future. As a part of NOV, GustoMSC is able to provide integrated vessel design including NOV equipment allowing for a comprehensive market product. GustoMSC is a Dutch based company, with a sales and engineering office located in Houston Texas.
The candidate will work on multidisciplinary teams delivering solutions for the offshore oil & gas, renewable energy and civil construction industries. This role will involve developments at the frontiers of technology to find the right solutions to our clients most challenging needs. We are looking for applicants who like to work in an open and collaborative environment with team members in different geographical locations. By participating in R&D projects, conferences and other professional development activities, the candidate will also contribute to maintaining our leading position in the rig design market.
- Contribute to specialist teams designing offshore rigs and vessels.
- Perform hydrostatic, hydrodynamic or structural analysis and verification, progressing to greater client interface in developing new design solutions.
- Clearly document assumptions, work flow and results, writing clean and concise reports for verification and auditing.
- Examples of work include finite element modeling, global and local structural design, analysis and data post-processing, stability, multibody analysis, coupled global performance and mooring analysis.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and skills in the engineering area.
- Desired Skills and Experience:
- MSc (or BSc) in naval architecture, marine engineering, offshore engineering or related field with relevant experience
- Creativity and flexibility, high energy, strong work ethic and strong problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate technical ideas to team member and clients
- Self-starter, able to work independently with good time management and documentation skills
- Fluent with drafting software such as RhinoCAD or AutoCAD
- Experience with FE software is preferred (such as NX-Nastran)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, and Visual Basic
- Some programming experience, proficient with Matlab