Engineering, Manufacturing & Technology New College Graduate Engineering Opportunities
- Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity to join our team as an entry level engineer supporting the Engineering, Manufacturing, & Technology organizations within Corteva. Opportunities may include a broad range of responsibilities in chemical plant operation, optimization & improvement, maintenance & reliability, project management, technology implementation, and engineering design. Engineers must use sound technical judgment to enable safe and efficient plant operations. We have a variety of positions available primarily in locations such as Michigan and California, with many opportunities for increasing responsibility and managing the future of your own career.
- Chemical Engineers may provide technical support to the safe operation, improvement, and design of chemical production facilities. Engineering responsibilities may include such things as manufacturing process troubleshooting and problem solving, preventive maintenance, yield and process improvements, waste reduction, safety enhancements, process control, cost optimization, project management and implementation, equipment design, and new technology implementation.
- Electrical Engineers may provide technical support to the safe operation, maintenance, improvement, and design of chemical production and power generation facilities. Engineering responsibilities may include working with low voltage three-phase and single-phase alternating current power systems & equipment,
- design of electrical instruments & controllers, equipment, facilities, components, and systems for industrial purposes, develop and document electrical area classification details & drawings, process troubleshooting related to power distribution,
- electrical distribution network improvements
- , and improving electrical reliability of equipment and facilities.
- Mechanical Engineers may provide technical support and expertise in the areas of manufacturing, maintenance & reliability, & engineering/design. Engineering responsibilities may include manufacturing plant operations, process troubleshooting and problem solving, process & efficiency improvements, predictive preventative maintenance, failure analysis, and vessel & piping design.
- Materials/Metallurgical Engineers are key members of the Reliability & Maintenance organization at Corteva. Materials/Metallurgical engineers work with internal clients to resolve metal & non-metal material failures that are causing reliability issues within manufacturing facilities. Engineering responsibilities may include providing materials & metallurgical engineering support in the uses and applications of metals, alloys, & non-metals in new projects and existing plant equipment, including support for proper materials selection, specifications, testing, and inspection, failure analysis and recommended solutions to prevent re-occurrence, corrosion control in new and existing applications, and working with inspectors and maintenance personnel in the troubleshooting and repair of vessels, tanks, & piping to maximize safety and reliability of manufacturing facilities.
Qualifications! What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
We are seeking candidates with a bachelor’s degree in the following engineering disciplines:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials/Metallurgical Engineering
In addition, we are looking for the following characteristics & qualities in applicants:
- Outstanding problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Technical aptitude and innovation skills
- The ability to collaborate and lead as part of a team – with a willingness to influence
- A customer-focused approach
- Proficiency – with standard computer technology.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in cross-functional teams to deliver results in a timely manner.