Engineer (Testing and Documentation Engineer)
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Author product documentation per customer requirements including engineering drawings, data sheets,specifications, manuals, and submittal packages
- Work directly with the customer or channel partner to complete documentation requirements and revision requests and work through issues impacting delivery
- Monitor and report documentation key metrics (On-Time-Delivery and Quality)
- Standardize documentation packages by creating or maintaining libraries and templates.
- Work with IT to automate document creation
- Create and revise manufacturing models and drawings as needed
- Maintain document control and engineering change order systems
- Create, update, and maintain standard work documentation such as work instructions, checklists, tooling charts, etc.
- Maintain engineering data such as item masters, bills of material, routings, and product configurator scripts and settings.
- Create, update, and maintain user manuals, sell sheets, and other marketing collateral
- Beyond documentation, actively participate in problem solving, development of best practices, and process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical, Chemical or related Engineering field required.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks required.
- Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent
- Ability to effectively partner with customers and internal teams regarding design, testing, documenting of engineered products.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and computer skills.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- SolidWorks Certifications a plus (CSWA, CSWP, etc.).
- LabVIEW software experience is a plus.
- Basic web design, and/or digital photography experience a plus.
- ERP experience a plus.