Engineer / Senior Engineer- Piping Stress
TechnipFMC | India, Chennai
Profile (Skills & Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, with at least 5 years of overall industry experience
- Practical work experience of minimum 5 years in Piping stress and support engineering to demonstrate as experienced piping stress engineer.
- Knowledge and experience with various ASME/ API/ NEMA/ TEMA/ ASTM, IS codes and standards as well as various PMC standards.
- Conversant with stress analysis of piping connected to various types of equipment like Column, tanks, exchangers, pumps/ compressors/ reactors etc.
- Conversant with Anchor study requirements.
- Conversant with requirements like trunnion calculation, flange leakage calculations, qualification of allowable nozzle loads etc.
- Capable of providing Value Engineering inputs.
- Should have the flexibility to work on areas other than core competence.
- Field execution experience is added advantage
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, accuracy, attention to details, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines for the task provided, manage priorities, and effectively achieve the goals in fast paced environment is critical.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is essential. Ability to foster communication within diverse cultural environments.
- Ability to plan, communicate/present concepts and reports on complex topics with the ability to persuade and influence others as needed.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and to respond appropriately.
- Responsible for the quality and respect of project schedule for assigned piping stress analysis tasks
- Preparation of stress critical line list of assigned project
- Performs stress calculations of all kinds of piping networks including critical ones
- Issues piping loads to civil and structural discipline for design of pipe-rack/ technological structures and foundations
- Responsible for the design of all piping supports components
- Review of Client’s technical documentation and requirements
- Preparation of project piping stress specification and critical lines list
- Prepare technical part of requisitions for all piping supports components required by stress analysis
- Do technical bid evaluation for all piping supports components offers
- Issues technical part of requisitions for all piping supports components purchase orders
- Reviews and approve vendors documents for stress related comments
- Checking of sub-contracted stress and support engineering documents
- Checking of isometrics being issued for construction for stress and support point of view
- Exercises following:
- Performs stress and support engineering related activities for assigned project and activity
- Reviews the stress and support related work of others whenever required
- Technical and operative interface activities with other departments for stress and support related activities
- Provides resolution of technical issues related to stress and support engineering
- Prioritization and planning of engineering activities and deliverables
- Responsible for achieving department/ project KPI objective, productivity, milestones for assigned task.
- Supports field technical issues and support sub-team leads in technical communications with clients/vendors when required.
Your future at TechnipFMC
- Potential career path, if possible
- Global mobility opportunities if relevant
- Training and development
- Diverse and international team if relevant