Engineer - Mechanical Component
- Responsible to deliver design, drawing and BOMs as per project schedule & budget limits with right level of quality
- Responsible for timely execution of projects & his key deliverables, First pass yield , Validation of design through lead engineers & Consulting.
- Understands Reliability / Safety / Cost ,
- Respects GE Global Engineering technical know-how rules. (Technology, Quality, TRS…) .
- Will work closely with supply chain & other functions & interfacing CoEs and Regions
- open mind, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort to maintain healthy group dynamics.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor / Advanced degree in engineering
- Experience in design & detail engineering with checking & validation skills
- Experience & knowledge in one or several Hydro products / components/ Systems preferably in Generator.
- Shall be open minded, multicultural & shall be able to work efficiently with cross regional team of respective COEs
- Language: Excellent verbal and written English language skills for international communication. Knowledge of other languages preferable however not mandatory
- Pro-activeness, sense of urgency, autonomy; ability to interact with functions
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills; strong communicator … ability to translate insights into clear strategic recommendations;
- Strong cost, safety and reliability culture
- Ability to work in team around labor standards
- Manage activity in multicultural and multilocation environment
- Ability to define his/her priorities
- Rigorous analysis and action
- Open to change
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Team-player … positive & engaged contributor to the team, willingness to learn & adapt to business needs