Oceaneering | USA, Chesapeake
Expectations of this function are:
- Self-motivated, focused individual with strong attention to detail and high ethical standards.
- Capable of developing and leading a program based on structural design and inservice evaluation.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, and SUBSAFE requirements.
- Ability to work as part of team of managers and technical personnel and support multiple projects.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical / logical approach.
- Ability to synthesize diverse information (technical, schedule) and exercise good judgment.
- Good technical judgment and some independent evaluation, originality and ingenuity are expected.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently performs difficult engineering tasks to completion that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirements, unusual materials requirements, and the need to coordinate the work of others.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected.
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Develops objectives, schedules, and estimates for difficult assignments.
- Directs and supervises the activities of moderate to large size teams of engineers, tech writers, designers, and drafters.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Interacts with customer technical representatives to define and manage customer expectations.
- Uses team management skills to lead the design or production engineering group during various phases of a project or availability.
- Assesses suppliers for competence, capabilities, and resources.
- Reviews Engineering Work Packages (e.g. TGIs) related to project.
- Reviews/answers/approves Engineering Change documents (e.g. CRs, LARs, DFSs) related to project.
- Reviews/approves Engineering designs, models, drawings and calculation packages.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Assist in Bid and Proposal efforts including cost estimating, technical approach definition, and input to baseline schedule data.
- Participate in Technical Working Groups to assess and improve processes and capabilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Ocean or Nuclear) or Naval Architecture from accredited college or university; Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum ten years engineering experience in complex systems design, manufacturing, and integration environment with a concentration in ships structures. Preferably at least five years of structural experience directly related to submarine structural fabrication and welding requirements such as NAVSEA Tech Pub 1688, 278, or 248 and the NAVSEA URO/MRC program,
- Demonstrated knowledge of military, and commercial, construction and material specifications applicable to Submarine and Deep Submergence System work.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical groups of more than five engineers, designers, and/or drafters.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 design requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and CAD software, such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks or similar packages, is required. Proficiency in MathCad is preferred.
- Professional Engineer preferred.
- Understands Finite Element Analysis -particularly Solidworks Simulation or ANSYS Workbench. Working knowledge of both is preferrable.
- Experience performing Dynamic Design Analysis Method (DDAM) is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of military, and commercial, construction and material specifications applicable to Submarine and Deep Submergence System work
- Demonstrated knowledge of SUBAFE or SOC requirements is preferred.
- Possesses and applies an advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices in one or more engineering fields.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the manufacturing/integration aspects related to one or more technical fields related to MSD efforts.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Must be a US Citizen who is not a dual citizen of any other country.
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%.