Engineer in Houston, Texas
The Engineer will provide operational support of the Flowserve MonitoringCenter which is responsible for the review and administration of long-term and/orblanket service contracts. The Engineeris accountable for technical review, execution, maintenance, and customersupport. Adherence to standard procedures,timely completion of contract deliverables, and effective cross-functional teamwork within Flowserve.
- Receive and disposition customer service calls, emails, and IPS Insight Portal tasks submitted to the Monitoring Center
- Escalation of customer concerns to appropriate Flowserve resources for resolution
- Properly execute procedures for Monitoring Center contract deliverables
- Support report generation with Monitoring Center Project Management team
- Proactively monitor equipment status and health; identifying and anomalies
- Continuous evaluation of nuisance alarms with Flowserve Field Engineering Services
- Follow up on recommendations for pull-through opportunities
- Analyzes and develops solutions/recommendation's to customer's equipment problem(s)
- Able to travel to customer's site for local diagnosis and/or support
- Provide continuous improvement ideas and help drive change management
- Ensures projects results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule, and cost
- Compliance with company and department standards for AMSS service contract management
- Number of issues disposition
- Issue resolution cycle-time
- On-time delivery of contract deliverable(s) to End Customer
- Number of System workflow requests issued/closed (Say/Do ratio)
- Undergraduate/Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Process or Industrial Engineering, or related technical field.
- 5-7 years of technical experience in customer support and/or troubleshooting of rotating equipment.
- Minimum Category 2 Vibration Certification (ISO or ANSI accreditation).
- Working knowledge of industrial rotating equipment (pumps, motors, compressors).
- Clear written and verbal communication skills; to be a professional face of Flowserve to our customer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high sense of urgency with a customer-focused mindset to execute.
- Ability to produce professional reports and presentations in keeping with company policies & objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package including spreadsheet, database management, and presentation software.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with monitoring and diagnostics of industrial (IOT) equipment data
- Familiar with sensors, instrumentation and electronics, wireless systems, and vibration technologies
- Experience with rotating equipment maintenance, monitoring, reliability, and operations