Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Flowserve | India, Bengaluru
Hydraulic engineering involves the application of the principles of fluid dynamics to the design and testing of centrifugal pumps. The hydraulic engineer ensures that the hydraulic components of the product are per internal standards and the customer specifications. Quality standards shall be maintained at an optimum level as well as correct materials to ensure fluid properties are compatible and proper machining can be performed in the construction of the product. The hydraulic engineer prepares and directs the preparation of hydraulic design documents such as impeller and volute layouts, performance maps and design calculations, mechanical stage layouts,and procurement drawings. Individuals in this role will develop and maintain proficiency and competency in hydraulic design and analysis, including standard analytical computations, 2D mechanical drafting, 3D modeling, and computational fluid dynamics.
- Drive a culture based on Flowserve’s values and behaviors: people, safety, integrity,innovation, ownership and excellence.
- Ensure product safety and regulatory compliance through implementation of rigorous design control procedures and protocols.
- Foster cooperation between departments with respect to the development of new designs and/or extension of existing product lines.
- Design new and modified pump hydraulic designs for optimum performance, range, and compliance with customer specifications
- Through adherence to engineering standards and processes, this engineer will perform and supervise computer aided hydraulic design analysis using a variety of commercial and internally developed design tools
- Review existing hydraulic designs and performances for applications and assist with selection and preliminary design for high profile projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-4 years of engineering experience in hydraulic engineering and design
- Driven, energetic and self-motivated contributing team member with organizational and planning skills
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to independently manage multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Accountability and execution for completing work timely
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Proficient in computer application skills including Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel, and state of the art CAD / CAE tools
- Willingness to travel up to 15%.
- FEA/CFD experience is a plus
- Prefer skillset should include 2D and 3D drafting and modeling experience.
If you are interested in applying for this posted opportunity, and feel that you meet the minimum requirements. An employee
would normally be expected to have been in his or her current position for at least 12 months before applying for internally posted career
opportunities. Employees must have satisfactory job performance to apply for a new opportunity.