LyondellBasell | USA, Channelview
- This engineer provides both strategic and tactical support to an assigned area to ensure safe and reliable operation of its rotating equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serves as a rotating equipment engineering resource for an assigned area.
- Maintains rotating equipment Long Range Plan for assigned area.
- Supports Maintenance and Operations to resolve technical issues on rotating equipment.
- Identifies bad actors, performs Root Cause Failure Analysis, and works to eliminate defects and drive equipment improvements.
- Leads or participates in incident investigations.
- Supports turnaround activities as needed in planning and/or execution.
- Supports the capital projects process by submitting Project Design Documents, participating in design phase, and following field execution of projects.
- Updates and maintains rotating equipment files, BOMs, and PMs as needed.
- Leads rotating equipment MOCs and participates as a team member on MOCs to support changes within assigned area.
- Maintains awareness of emerging technology, assessing applicability to improve reliability and performance, or to reduce maintenance cost.
- Engages with area Machinery Support Analysts to support site condition monitoring programs, assist in work scope development, and troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Engages team lead, SME engineers, and Global Engineering as appropriate on complex or high-risk issues.
- Attends technical training and seminars to further development.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of experience working as a mechanical engineer with relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, or chemical process industries
- Proven proficiency in applying rotating equipment fabrication standards (ASME Sec. VIII, API), repair codes (API, NBIC, ASME PCC-2), and fitness-for-service standard (API-579)
- Strong communication skills-both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated strong independent decision-making skills
- Must have strong computer skills including SAP and Microsoft Office
- General knowledge of project management, reliability engineering and root cause analysis
- Builds effective teams
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer focus
- Demonstrates courage
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.