Oceaneering | USA, Houston
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carries out tasks as assigned by Project Engineers and the Engineering Manager. Tasks would predominately be focused on technical issues but will sometimes require administrative functions.
- Responsible for the installation engineering of subsea hardware including field and offshore support.
- Author design specifications and test plans for installation equipment and subsea hardware. This may include locating equipment and vendor selection.
- Conduct engineering calculations and analysis.
- Calculations will include hand calculations and/or engineering calculation software
- Analysis will include both beam element and dynamic motion analysis
- Author design reports, analysis reports and technical memos.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and System Integration Tests (SIT).
- Prepare presentations and technical papers.
- Interface inside and outside a meeting setting with project team members and Clients.
- Perform non-engineering activities such as oversight of offshore operations and on-site oversight of SPG projects and subcontractors.
- Work and travel offshore, both domestic and international
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Structural, Mechanical, Civil or Ocean Engineering)
- Min Two (2) years engineering experience.
- Knowledge of classical analytical methods, MathCAD; AutoCAD; Solidworks; Orcaflex; structural analysis package such as ANSYS or Risa3D.
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Petroleum Education Council (PEC) Basic Training
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET)
- Experience in installation of subsea hardware and umbilical
- Experience with conflict resolution and change management
- MS Office