Flowserve | USA, Kalamazoo,
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Identifies and implements safety/ergonomic improvements as a first priority.
- Identifies sources of waste in production and implements changes to drive cost, quality and throughput improvements.
- Specific target areas
- First pass yield (FPY)
- Change over and/or set up duration
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Collaborate with maintenance team leaders to minimize production losses.
- Manage manufacturing technology development
- Research, test and implementation of cutting tool technologies.
- Research, test and implementation of machine tool technologies.
- Assists in the coordination of new and existing machinery in the plant to assure proper installation, material flow and efficiency.
- Create and maintain fixture, tooling and equipment drawings.
- Lead project teams in areas of problem solving and implementing change.
- Perform and analyze time studies to identify productivity improvement opportunities.
- Supports design to value (DTV) process.
- Serve as voice of manufacturing for DTV process
- Ensure impacted operational areas are engaged and prepared to support design improvements.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- 5-10 years of related Manufacturing Engineering/leadership experience
- 5-10 years of related machine tool technology experience
Demonstrated development experience in areas of:
- Machine tool configuration, parameter setting (Mazak equipment preferred)
- Automated touch probe systems and programming routines
- EIA and Mazatrol programming systems
- Tool data creation
- Cutting tool technologies, specifically related to stainless steel
- Associates Degree in Technical Discipline, bachelor’s degree in industrial or Manufacturing Engineering preferred
- Demonstrated experience in the use of 2D and 3D CAD systems (Solidworks preferred)
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Certified LEAN Practitioner
- Strong mechanical aptitude, ability to complete hands on tasks, up to and including actual equipment production runs.