Flowserve | USA, Ridgefield, Washington
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Reviews DCI reports Customer Specifications/instructions and develops high-level scope of work for QRC jobs when required and in compliance with procedure CORP-AMSS-1058.
- Implements engineering best practices and Flowserve standards such as weld procedures, bolt torque, materials, hydro test, etc.
- Identify upgrade opportunities and support the generation of technical proposals to support such upgrades. Liaise/collaborate with Engineering Services/Project Engineering when non-generic upgrades/solutions would be opportune/required. Support technical and commercial justification analysis.
- Act as engineering liaison for Project Engineering during the order fulfillment phase.
- Accountable for documenting and communicating design changes initiated by the QRC per the applicable procedures and systems.
- Accountable for reviewing and noting/documenting customers or 3 rd party changes per the applicable procedures and systems.
- First technical contact for witnesses; review specifications & requirements for visit.
- Responsible for failure analysis reports of specific jobs, when required.
- Support sales to present FLS technical capabilities to Customers
- Supports the QRC concerning all engineering issues including but not limited to NCR disposition, supporting machinists, and supporting shop mechanics during assembly.
- Provide sketches to facilitate quick repairs.
- Mentors QRC Engineers and Cost Estimators (Planners)
- Get notifications on all the changes proposed by the QRC Engineers and Cost Estimators and gets approval for all “Non-Standard” Upgrades implementation from the Regional or Central Design Engineering team
Specialized Key Performance Indicators
- Meets the reporting requirement applicable for the role
- Must meet all established QRC safety goals
- Meets Engineering KPIs
- Supports Work scope generation cycle in order for the QRC to meet their DCIQ goal.
Preferred Experience / Skills: Standard Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Engineering degree or equivalent and 5 years minimum of related experience
- 2-Dimensional design experience (preferably Computer-Aided Design)
- Engineering documentation, drafting, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Collaborative interpersonal skills
- Advanced project management tools, methods and applications
- Accountability and execution for completing work timely and to specifications
- Experience with PLM, ERP, and other planning and engineering systems.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Machine Design Fundamentals
- Solid understanding of pump applications and types, a clear understanding of hydraulic fundamentals and how these relate to pumps and pump systems
- Solid understanding of Seal Applications
- Ability to diagnose the failure mode by using RCA principles
- General ability to determine failure mode by interpreting vibration readings
- Expert knowledge of metallurgical requirements & applications
- Expert knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Able to interpret industry standards, technical drawings and manufacturing procedures Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) methodology understanding