Flowserve | India, Bengaluru
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Understand customer requirements and perform CFD analysis to validate the centrifugal pump and valve hydraulic design.
- Provide detailed report with good interpretation of CFD results and engineering judgment.
- Support development projects in hydraulic design of new pumps and valves using CFD.
- Support performance improvement and hydraulic re-rating projects.
- Strong fundamentals in fluid dynamics with working experience in ANSYS CFX/Fluent.
- Carry out Fluid Structural Interface (FSI) analysis.
- Performs work that is varied and complex, under minimal supervision.
- Consistently applies knowledge of functional concepts and prior experience to work assignments.
- Closely interact with customer or job coordinator, gather all relevant information for each assignment.
- Conduct specification review to identify alternate design and close reference documents, communicate to customer or job coordinator if any discrepancy in specification, references.
- Suggest best possible solutions in consultation with team.
- Follow established engineering standards and procedures to produce consistent and reliable results.
- Refer international standards, project specifications, design and Analysis practices approved by design authority
- Deliver clear and complete analysis reports/documentation/engineering solutions, as per the deliverables of the assignment, ensuring On-time delivery and quality.
- Timely update the customer or job coordinator on schedule and effort variances, if anyMechanical or Aero Engineering Graduate with 7 years’ or
master’s with 5 years’ experience respectively. At least 5 years’ experience in CFD Analysis. Know Heat Transfer basics and CFD analysis.
- CFD Analysis and Fluid Mechanics knowledge. Strong fundamentals of mechanical engineering.
- Good knowledge in relevant equations.
- Excellent analytical and creative skills
- Excellent engineering, verbal, written communication, Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and multiple tasks, take decisions and work independently.
- Good computer skills including general Microsoft applications, e-mail, Excel worksheet.
- High level of self-motivation, flexibility and self-learning attitude.
- Collaborate and Networking with other teams and business units to get the required information.
- Knowledge sharing by documentation,
- Training and coaching colleagues. Provide solutions to resolve the problems in design by consulting colleagues.
- Maintain Flowserve Values and Safety in all aspects
- See multiple aspects and inter dependency of components during Design changes.
- Team player, who is highly self-motivated.
- valuate work, sets priorities and quickly focuses on most critical needs.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Good Knowledge on Pressure gauges/ Transmitters, Flowmeters, accelerometers, sound level meters, Tachometers etc.
- Awareness of relevant International standards such as ASME, ANSI, API. CAD tools viz. AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor, Solid works and Pro/E or any 3D modelling tool. FEA for simple cases