Flowserve | Australia, Henderson
Responsibilities & Requirements: Principal Accountabilities
- Responsible for engineering sign off for Seal and Seal Auxiliary Systems selections, including design features, materials of construction, flushing plans for conversions and proposals.
- Specify and clean up missing operating conditions, Look for critical inputs in rotating equipment, review calculations and customer requirements / applicable specifications and standards for proposals, end user upgrades and conversions.
- Provide Applied Technical Solutions support for conversions (competitor change-outs) and upgrades for seals and systems on a timely basis and ensure our solution is holistic and address the root cause and problems faced by customers.
- Follow the detailed procedure in Engineering Information system in documenting information as per company practices and procedures.
- Complete failure analysis and provide solutions to bad actors for seals and auxiliary systems for end users and alliance customers in the region.
- Monitor and regularly update the field bad actor tracking report to resolve failures and bad actors in a timely manner.
- Respond to technical queries and clarifications from Sales, CSR and Country level engineers on time.
- Respond to customer complaints and warranty claims and process the same with suitable corrective actions and capture the cost and breakdown category for future trends of errors viz. “selection error, design error, product upgrade etc.”. Warranty claims report for the region to be updated monthly.
- Reporting of daily log and metrics for the region and capture job types, utilization and OTD.
- Plan and make field visits for feedback and review to investigate failures and hold technical meetings and discussions with customers and other business unit ATS engineers in resolving issues.
- Work with fabricators and suppliers on costing of critical engineered seals and support systems for special high end custom engineered jobs.
- Although this position is primarily supporting the After-market, the incumbent is expected to play a support role in the OE project group when there is a need for sharing the engineering resources to meet monthly commitments.
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or any other related Technical discipline with min. 3 years experience in handling Seals and Seal Auxiliary Systems
- Knowledge in application, material, standards, specifications review, auxiliary design, flow calculation and troubleshooting of mechanical seals and auxiliary systems will be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering specifications &/or drawings.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with internal and/or external customers when required
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, distinguish between relevant and/or irrelevant contributing factors and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to communicate and present well to customers on bad actors resolution.
- Competence in MS Office applications. Knowledge in AutoCAD and design skills will be of added advantage
Preferred Experience / Skills: same as above