Engineer, Engineering Standards
Flowserve | USA, Bethlehem
Responsibilities & Requirements: Essential responsibilities:
- Maximize engineering productivity through the championing of best practice engineering workflows, processes, procedures, tools, and infrastructure
- Collaborate with the PLM IT team, Engineering subject matter experts, Operations, Supply Chain and Sales to establish CAD, Item/BOM and Document standards that ensure consistency and effective communication of engineering design information through the engineering drawings, items/BOMs and other documents that are provided to internal and external customers
- Establish and manage a robust process for the ongoing review, maintenance, and revision management of engineering procedures and the publication of these procedures in established forums
- In-line with data standards, preparing and executing plans to classify and cleanse the data
- Working with Engineering and IT teams to create a roadmap to migrate the data from various data sources to enterprise level PLM and CPQ system
- Working with Engineering, IT and various other stakeholders to develop data governance to maintain the data as per data standards
- Collaborate with other members of Engineering Standardization team and other resources from GTEC-Bengaluru/Chennai
- Act as an effective change agent, driving adoption and long-term acceptance of target engineering practices and procedures
- Provide responsive and customer-centric support to both internal and external customers. Establish communication and collaboration as the standard for yourself and the engineering teams with whom you partner
- Manage and achieve individual projects
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering degree with minimum 5 years of industrial experience
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in a PLM or similar data management tools
- Strong knowledge of engineering processes and systems and design tools
- Willingness to travel from base to Flowserve facilities with travel requirements of up to 20 percent
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to compose concise reports and presentations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the application of CIP tools
Preferred Experience / Skills: Preferred Experience/Characteristics:
- Strong analytical, problem solving with a demonstrated ability to apply technology to creatively solve problems and meet business and stakeholder needs.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing organizational environment and business needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to influence, working effectively and collaboratively across the organization in a matrix environment.
- Strong history of providing effective technical consulting coupled with delivering meaningful results.
- Fundamental knowledge and industrial experience in flow control solutions.