LyondellBasell | USA, Westlake
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide Unit process engineering support and develop recommendations to improve Unit performance.
- Monitor and assists in troubleshooting efforts for process events with the goal of finding root cause(s) and driving implementation of corrective actions.
- Maintain strong safety and environmental compliance focus.
- Provides Unit shutdown and startup support associated with downtimes and formal Turnarounds.
- Identifies areas to improve process safety, reliability, and profitability.
- Contribute in a team environment and establish work relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results.
- Provide technical expertise in PSM activities (PHA, MOC, PSV calculations, Safety Critical Equipment/Variables, Incident Investigations, etc.)
- Balance day-to-day operational priorities with long term strategic objectives to ensure alignment with company goals.
- May participate or be accountable for small capital projects.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering
- Previous co-op assignments in a manufacturing process engineering environment is a plus
- Demonstrated IT capability in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledgeable in chemical and process engineering fundamentals
- Ability to apply engineering concepts to solve performance problems
- Knowledgeable of Safety Design Systems
- Knowledgeable in the development of Process Design Packages and related economics
- Good troubleshooting skills and techniques
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity