Engineer Asset Integrity - Risk Based Inspection
Suncor | Canada, Fort McMurray, Alberta
You will use your expertise to:
- Perform Risk Based Inspection (RBI) assessments to evaluate the current and future asset risk.
- Leverage RBI assessments to identify the appropriate inspection activities to manage the risk throughout the operating interval between inspections.
- Work with the Operating Area Reliability teams to understand the equipment history and operating conditions and ensure they are reflected in the inspection management plan.
- Use statistical analysis methodologies to; predict the corrosion behavior in pressure equipment, assess the corrosion behavior between similar assets, and to identify the extent of inspection that is required to provide a suitable confidence of asset or system integrity.
- Develop governing documents to support the continuous improvement of Risk Based Inspection best practices.
- Provide support to the Operating Area Reliability teams for asset inspection findings during online, maintenance, and turnaround inspections.
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Three (3) or more years of industry experience, preferably in Oilsands, refinery or hydrocarbon processing facility; consideration will be given to EITs and new engineering graduates with the correct mindset and demonstrated aptitudes
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering
- Registered, or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Knowledge and experience in industry pressure equipment codes, corrosion mechanisms, risk assessment and pressure equipment inspection methodologies
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and SAP
- Working knowledge of GE-APM (Meridium), RBMI, PCMS or other similar RBI and Inspection Data Management Systems.
- Familiarity with Caesar II, Matlab & Solidworks is an asset
- Well-developed critical thinking, with an ability to apply logic and challenge assumptions
- Strong analytical skills including analyzing statistical data, identify limits of analysis approaches, and the ability for trending and analysis to drive conclusions and recommendations