Honeywell | Canada, Markham
Bid (Pursuit) Phase:
- Review RFP documents for risk/opportunities and report on overall risk to Management. Liaise with design team to get all necessary information for energy assessment. Work with energy consultants to develop energy models to support the bid. Advise the team on energy saving opportunities. Assist in developing preliminary metering scheme. Prepare customer presentations to present and show the benefits of the team design. Work with team during negotiations with the customer to protect Honeywell interests and ensure energy commitments can be achieved.
Design and Construction Phase:
- Review design documents throughout design and construction to verify commitment to mandate. Work with consultants as necessary to resolve energy related issues. Confirm metering scheme is sufficient to manage the energy guarantee. Build Measurement and Verification Plan (follow IPMVP Option D, Method 2) and the Energy Management Plan for the typical 30-year contract.
- Coordinate with builder and/or engineering consultants to provide deficiency information, participate in solution development meetings, review and provide feedback on proposed solutions, and communicate results to the FM team. Provide advice and mentorship to ensure contractual requirements are met. Work with the FM team throughout the construction commissioning process to ensure the energy guarantee can be achieved. Support FM with review and operation of mechanical systems, deficiencies, and proposed changes by the builder. Work with facility operators to discuss requirements for energy reports.
- Analyze energy usage data and promote energy savings awareness. Lead all aspects of monthly and annual energy reports. Investigate discrepancies in monthly energy consumption and present findings to the FM team identifying risks, opportunities and lessons learned. Make recommendations for improved energy performance to Facility Manager. Work with site and/or branch building automation technicians to develop and implement energy conservation measures. Lead client energy expectations including interpretation and ensuring compliance of the Project Agreement. Lead Utility Subcommittee meetings (typically quarterly). Advise on energy implications of proposed building changes.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mechanical/Electrical
- Eligible for Professional Engineer license in the province of Ontario/Quebec
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in HVAC
- Eligible to achieve top secret status with the Government of Canada
- Professional Engineering license in the Province of Ontario/Quebec
- Assertive communicator, both verbal and written in English
- Bilingual (English/French)
- 2+ years of experience with Energy Modelling software
- Experience with Measurement Verification (M&V) Simulation Calibration
- Public Private Partnership (P3) experience
- Construction experience
- Understand risk mitigation associated with savings guarantee
- Able to recognize trends and spot problems with data quickly
- Process oriented to achieve quality results
- Effective time management skills
- Able to work collaboratively in a multi-functional team environment