Electrical/Controls Project Engineer
- Generate project plans which define tasks and schedules consistent with company's overall objective
- Prepare product specifications to identify design input and output requirements.
- Hold and record design reviews.
- Supervise or perform the work listed under responsibilities of an Engineer or Senior Engineer.
- Coordinate customer, marketing and management inputs on engineering projects with the appropriate departments.
- Identify those characteristics of the design that are crucial to the safe and proper functioning of the product.
- Evaluate design for suitability of manufacture.
- Monitor and control schedule and budget of project with a high degree of technical excellence.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
Facility Specific Responsibilities
- Provide design solutions for customer’s problems.
- Interface with customers to promote FE including presenting technical proposals and applicable upgrades (old and new).
- Provide consistent and timely updates to customers regarding project status.
- Process job documentation including timesheets on a timely basis and ensure prompt and satisfactory job closure.
- Liaise and communicate with other NOV facilities and departments.
- Provide Cost Price Analysis, Customer Quotes and revisions as required.
- Responsible for efficient and effective implementation of project management functions and monitoring and reporting of department engineering functions.
- Perform Contract Review.
- As required, prepare purchasing requisitions.
- As required, follow-up with vendors regarding status and delivery.
- When required, rig surveys and oversight of Field Engineering (FE) equipment installation.
- Co-ordinate project handover to Service group for implementation.
- Receive regular status reports for projects at field stage.
- Responsible for Assembly, scheduling and participation in customer FAT.
- Participate in debrief with field personnel to ensure objective met.
- Carry out financial close out and lessons learned at the end of the project.
- Other engineering and project duties.
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Working knowledge of NOV specific applications as Glovia, Tracker, RigOffice, Teamcenter, Kronos, Cognos, etc.
- Working knowledge of scheduling systems.
- Ability to obtain certifications and compliance to allow travel to rig and shipyards, both domestic, overseas, land based and offshore.
- Available as needed for project support.
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Engineering Degree
- 4+ years’ of relatable experience.
- Knowledge of oil field equipment.
- Well rounded knowledge of Engineering Principles.
- Experience with electrical schematics.
- High level of communication/presentation skills.
- Time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Financial acumen.
- PLC and Controls background is a Plus.