Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Shell | Netherlands, Pernis
What will you do?
Our Pernis site is a great place for engineers who want to deepen and widen their technical skills. You'll join the team to give us your expertise on technical maintenance, project support, and assurance across the site (seven Refinery and two Chemicals production units at Pernis and Europoort). You’ll be the maintenance engineer for several production units, responsible for the assurance and support of these production units.
Here are some of the things you'll do in the role:
- You'll act as a senior authorised electrical person on site
- You'll collaborate closely with external partners like contractors, engineering contractors, and vendors. You'll help to manage the performance and quality standards of these external parties
- Help carry out the initial site surveys and costings. You'll put together cost estimates, assess what equipment is needed and which partners or suppliers might be required. You'll also complete the appropriate benchmarking of costs
- You'll help to initiate electrical project proposals and move them forward to approval
- You’ll provide assurance on commissioning of electrical equipment (both Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test)
- You'll contribute to up-to-date plans and asset strategies for electrical systems, and develop and maintain electrical standards
- Stay up to date with technological developments to help us get the most out of our resources.
- You'll provide technical advice in respect of maintenance repairs, overhauls, and failure diagnosis
- Have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical engineering
- You are an experienced Maintenance Engineer with extensive experience with in-depth technical knowledge
- Have solid experience in a similar industrial environment or in utilities, specifically on engineering support of plant and/or distribution installations
- Enjoy building deep and successful working relationships in project teams
- Love a technical challenge. You'll like to work on a variety of different systems and 'figuring it out'
- Be able to demonstrate your experience in troubleshooting and incident investigations