Electrical Engineering Technologist
Invista | Canada, Kingston
INVISTA’s Kingston Site manufacturing facility has an opening for an Electrical Engineering Technologist. In this role, you will lead the design for multiple capital and/or large expense projects at Kingston Site from concept to completion with a strong focus on EHS performance and business effectiveness of the work. Primary to the role will be to lead the engineering aspects of the project in a way that meets project and business objectives as well as complying with all national, provincial, corporate and site codes, laws and regulations. The Role:
- Ensure all work is conducted safely and that all safety, health and environmental requirement are met
- Lead the development of detailed engineering design in support of various project activities at Kingston Site. This would drawings, detailed design, equipment specifications, bill or materials and the development of detailed construction packages for bid.
- Establish capital estimates for your projects and the design work, including cash flow forecasts.
- Support the development of an integrated project schedule with the Project Team/Engineering Lead
- Provide engineering support to all phases of project execution from front-ending through to completion, including engineering, construction, commissioning and startup support.
- Development of your skills to also act as a Project Manager which in addition to the above would also include:
- Establishing clear objectives for the project team that will ensure the business and sponsor objectives will be delivered
- Ensure all project team members have clearly defined roles, responsibilities and expectations
- Timely and open communication of project status to all stakeholders
- Ensure disciplined project execution following our INVISTA Project Work Process (PWP)
- Establish systems to measure and control project progress versus cost and schedule
- Management of a disciplined project change management process
- Final turnover of the project for commercial operation and operational acceptance.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background with leadership skills. Projects might require extended work hours or shift schedule changes to meet project deliverables.
What you bring:
- Technologist and/or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline such as Instrumentation & Controls
- Scheduling & estimating knowledge
- Ability to develop project schedules and management of an integrated project team to execute versus schedule and key milestones
- Ability to develop an integrated project estimate and track and manage project costs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong economic, thinking and problem-solving skills
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required
What will put your ahead?
- Previous design/project management and electrical engineering experience
- Experience as a design lead in support of capital projects (0-$15MM) with a proven track record of successful completion and execution of projects
- Strong knowledge of engineering and industry standards, processes and procedures
- Demonstrated computer and CAD skills (knowledge of relevant CAD Programs, SAP and scheduling software preferred)
- Experience with Automation and/or Control Systems would be a benefit
- Proven project management skills and the ability to oversee the work of others