The primary functions of the Production Engineer are to work with Operation Leaders ( O.L.s) to develop and implement procedures and processes that streamline the planning, scheduling and execution of work throughout the shop and to work with Estimating Personnel to develop and implement procedures and processes that streamline and increase the accuracy of job scoping.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attend weekly production meetings.
- Work with O.L.s to implement new forms and revise procedures for welding, machining and component rebuild work.
- Work with Department Personnel to provide long term plan with equipment upgrades and department capabilities.
- Work with Department Personnel to reduce the amount of defects and rework from each department.
- Work with O.L.s to draw and develop repair specifications; specify and develop new and quicker measurement techniques.
- Gather and review recommendations and associated shop cost.
- Work with O.L.s and Sales to gather and review quotes for outside customer services.
- Create, review and modify job scopes and improve accuracy of shop instructions, budgeted shop cost, and quotation language. Be instrumental in improving the estimating process and job cost system.
- Maintain quality notes and files for each completed quotation, shop order and work scope.
- Strive maintain a safe and productive working environment.
- Document control administrator for ISO 9001
- Assistant to the O.L.s. Perform supervisory duties in the absence of an Operations Leader.