Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Provide electrical engineering expertise for capital projects and studies.
- Executing approved projects including providing technical direction and assistance, coordinating with project and program managers, supervising the work of engineering consultants and contractors, and participating in inspections and start-up of electrical equipment and plants.
- Completing studies and various requests for electrical engineering assistance such as electrical design basis, electrical specifications, and reviewing cost estimates.
- Providing technical support and training for plant electrical engineers and electricians.
- Assuring corporate policies, procedures, and standards are followed by self and contractors.
- Maintaining technical expertise in codes, procedures, selection and application of equipment and technology through individual effort and ongoing training.
- Travel as needed on project assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 years’ experience in a chemical or manufacturing site preferred.
- Experience working with consulting engineers.
- Capable of handling multiple assignments up to $10,000,000 value.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications