LyondellBasell | USA, Edison
Working in a team environment, in this role the engineer is responsible for implementing reliability best practices, developing and optimizing preventive maintenance tasks; as well as supporting maintenance activities. The position interacts with other engineers, specialists, and technicians at the site, corporate technical networks, peers at other locations, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems and improve plant reliability and performance.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Monitor instrument & equipment performance and make improvement recommendations.
- Provide I&E technical support/expertise in the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets to minimize life cycle cost and maximize availability.
- Participate in interdisciplinary reliability improvement teams to guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, controls, and safety systems.
- Apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign and make/buy decisions
- Provide basic level support for the DeltaV Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or power generation industries is preferred.
- The successful candidate must exhibit an understanding of Management of Change (MOC) requirements, reliability processes, and maintenance workflow.
- Basic knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systesms (SIS) design and logic and be able to obtain a Functional Safety Practitioner certification within 2 years of date of hire
Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus building.
The successful candidate must have strong commitment to safety, a high level of personal integrity, and dedication to conducting business in an ethical way.
The individual must have or develop basic proficiency in the following areas:
- Interpretation and application of industry codes and standards (i.e. IEEE, ISA, NEC)
- Process instrumentation and control valves
- Motors, motor controls, and drives
- PLC maintenance, troubleshooting, and programming
- Project management
- Reliability Engineering concepts
- Reliability data analysis techniques
- Predictive and Preventive Maintenance concepts
- Basic knowledge of power distribution systems
- Ability to apply computer software tools (SAP, Microsoft Office, CAD)
- Builds effective teams
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer focus
- Demonstrates courage
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Instills trust and exemplifies integrity