LyondellBasell | USA, Westlake
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provides technical support for plant projects in a systematic and purposeful way, which includes, but is not limited to safety, environmental, scheduling, budgeting and material requisitions.
- Supports all the plant groups (Process, Maintenance, Environmental, Safety, Production, etc. and Corporate Engineering) by providing engineering expertise and providing advanced troubleshooting.
- Provides management with progress reports on a monthly basis on assigned projects.
- Participates in determining the desired scope of work for assigned projects.
- Works with engineering, design and construction to make sure the work uses sound engineering and construction.
- Develops and maintain specifications, philosophies and standards and pass these along to outside engineering and construction firms hired to complete work for this facility.
- Provides support to electrical technicians on as need basis.
- Creates and manage MOC’s for projects assigned.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or power generation industries is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus building.
- The successful candidate must exhibit an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, reliability processes, and maintenance workflow.
- Experience executing plant projects. Superior interpersonal, communication, and written skills are necessary to advance to this level.
Must be proficient in the following areas:
- Project management skills
- Interpretation and application of industry codes and standards
- Process instrumentation and control valves
- Motors, motor controls, and drives
- Reliability Engineering concepts
- Reliability data analysis techniques
- Predictive and Preventive Maintenance concepts
- Experienced with SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI) or INtools
- Basic knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) design and logic
- Ability to apply computer software tools (SAP, Microsoft Office, Meridium, CAD
- The successful candidate must have strong commitment to safety, a high level of personal integrity, and dedication to conducting business in an ethical way.
- Low voltage and high voltage applications
- Builds effective teams
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer focus
- Demonstrates courage
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Instills trust and exemplifies integrity