Electrical Engineer, Low Voltage & Power Electronics Engineer
Halliburton | USA, Houston
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Develop state-of-the-art low voltage electrical wiring design, enclosures design, power electronics design, selection, purchase specifications, controls strategy & automation systems technology.
- Design and implement automation system networks, including specifying communications protocols, communications media and associated hardware in coordination with overall software development team.
- Conduct hardware & software verification and validation testing.
Education / Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree (electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering) with 6+ years of LV electrical design and control systems engineering experience or related/applicable experience.
- Proven experience in the development of Low Power System Designs, controls electronics hardware and controls systems.
- Power Electronics design, selection, specification for Purchase of controls hardware devices, Human Machine Interface (HMI) including PLC-based systems.
- Background and experience in signal processing and analysis, control systems, system dynamics, and associated mathematics and computation.
- Experience with system identification and estimation techniques.
- Experience with data acquisition and measurement systems.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and diagrams, electrical schematics, piping and instrument drawings (P&IDs), flow charts and cause and effect diagrams.
- Expertise implementing National Instrument cRIO, Siemens PCS7 and/or Allen Bradley control systems. Experience in other system platforms will be considered.
- Ability to program in LabVIEW, Microsoft Visual Studio, C# and C++, VB.net, LabWindows/CVI, and Matlab/Simulink, Matlab/Simscape, and industry standard PLC systems is desired.