Oceaneering | USA, Chesapeake
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs difficult engineering analysis tasks, with little to no supervision that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirements, unusual materials requirements, and the need to coordinate the work of others.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected.
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Develops objectives, schedules, and estimates for difficult assignments.
- Oversees smaller engineering projects.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Prepares reports and presents results to management and client.
- Reviews Engineering Work Packages (TGIs) related to project.
- Writes/answers/reviews Engineering Change documents (CRs, LARs, DFSs) related to project.
- Develops/reviews Engineering designs, drawings and calculation packages.
- Provides support to Bid & Proposal efforts including technical writing.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Ocean or Nuclear) or Naval Architecture from accredited college or university; Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years practical experience in Engineering; work experience with the US Department of Defense projects is desirable.
- Proficiency using ANSYS Workbench Enterprise Suite required. Proficiency using CAD software such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks and MathCAD preferred.
- Practical experience in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products required.
- Strong, demonstrated technical writing skills required.
- Engineer in Training (passed FE exam) preferred.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding