Halliburton | USA, Spring
Summary of Role:
- Lead engineer for product line maintenance and manufacturing readiness.
- Provides engineering guidance to support product line maintenance and technology transfer to the manufacturing environment.
- Identifies complex manufacturing process problems and develops solutions and improvements, evaluates product designs for manufacturability, and works with design engineers to improve costs and/or enhance quality.
- Provides product assistance and troubleshooting across multiple electromechanical product lines and may direct activities of assigned support personnel and other engineers on a project basis.
- Performs both engineering calculations and various statistical and financial analysis as required.
- Develops and documents process flows, tooling, jigs, fixtures, test equipment, procedures, etc. using appropriate engineering tools.
- Will support the Engineering Change process.
- Interacts with suppliers to evaluate technical capabilities, to develop processes to ensure adherence to Halliburton’s quality requirements and to help investigate any technical quality issues.
- As part of the product line maintenance activities, aspects of electronic design support will be required.
- Applies industry standards and regulations in design, testing and evaluation.
- Provides technical expertise to meet internal and external customer needs and requirements.
- Promotes and contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains open lines of communication with all levels of the organization.
- Maintenance & Manufacturing (primary function)
- Support Technology Transfer (Documentation and Training)
- Product Support to Operations
- Product Support to Manufacturing
- Troubleshooting of operational issues
- Product Line governance and continuous improvement
Design & Development: (secondary function)
- Electronic and Software/Firmware design
- Design Documentation review
- Participates and facilitates electrical Design Reviews
- Create Test Instructions, perform tests and generate reports
- Evaluation and Testing of electronic systems at all stages of development
- Create Product Support Documentation (e.g. Design Standards)
- Creation of new Intellectual Property
Must be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose prototype and production tools (Surface & Subsea Electronics, Downhole Electromechanical Systems)
- Production methods for electronic systems
- Design of electronic test programmes
- Specification of electromechanical systems
- Electronic circuit and PCB design
- Software development for PCs and embedded systems (desired)
- High temperature and rugged electronics (desired)
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline and 5 years of related experience. Completion of a Masters in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available