ExxonMobil | India, Bengaluru
- Support Electrical Reliability improvement initiatives by developing tools to manage progress / status & compiling associated reports & recommendations
- Develop and manage electrical surveillance programs including,
- collect data using Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) or other available data sources
- Analyzing site maintenance records to determine electrical equipment failure rates, availability/reliability, bad actor/failure modes and program effectiveness/cost analysis
- Analyzing electrical equipment test records including transformer oil analysis, thermography, battery health, insulation testing, etc. and providing assessment of equipment health and improvement recommendations to the site engineer
- collect and trend electrical equipment data against company and industry standards
- support development of electrical surveillance program to prevent premature failure of equipment
- Support site brownfield & revamp project electrical activities including,
- Preparing project electrical design documents
- Writing equipment specifications
- Reviewing contractor & vendor deliverables during engineering, construction and commissioning project phases
- Resolving technical issues
- Providing electrical support to other disciplines within project team
- Searching electronic document management systems to find necessary information
- Equipment Strategies
- Develop equipment strategies by performing risk assessments and document in various software tools e.g. Credo, PESTRA etc.
- Manage obtaining formal approvals of equipment strategies with site teams and keeping up to date records of approvals per refresh cycle
- Manage task entry into various software tools used to create activities in the field e.g. SAP & GEMS.
- Prepare reports on status of tasks vs. equipment strategy plans and make recommendations to sites on gap closure planning.
- Job Responsibilities
- Prepare Annual Maintenance Plans for manufacturing plants using software systems to develop scope list e.g. SAP
- Conduct criticality assessment and maintenance plans for electrical systems, taking into consideration industry standards, regulatory requirements, and manufacturer recommendations
- Execute electrical life cycle management programs which include electrical equipment inventory, obsolescence plans, managing spare parts, and upgrade / replacement planning
- Support electrical system maintenance and test planning, software upgrades, Emergency Shutdown (ESD) testing, offline and online testing, and coordination of activities with/without plant shutdowns
- Develop power system forecast periodically and provide recommendations to resolve/identify any power system capacity restraints within existing facilities
- Review, evaluate and update electrical one-lines, schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Conduct load flow, short circuit, harmonic, grounding and arc-flash studies
- Provide field support during turnaround events
- Manage master versions of site electrical power system SKM models. Keeping models and studies up to date. Performing new studies as appropriate to assess feasibility of power system modifications for new projects etc.
- Coordinating directly with engineers at remote site locations to obtain & provide all necessary information & documentation to perform job responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from recognized university in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in oil & gas, refining or petrochemical industry
- Experience in operations and / or maintenance in an engineering capacity
- Experience of risk management processes and tools for oil and gas industry or similar preferred
- Experience in selection & specification of substations, transformers, switchgear, protective relays, motor control centers, variable speed drives, motors, power cables and generators
- Experience of hazardous area equipment design, selection & classification techniques and standards e.g. ATEX, API etc.
- Experience in system modeling software tools (e.g. SKM Power Tools, ETAP) & preparation of associated power system studies including protective relaying, motor starting, load flow, short circuit, arc flash etc.
- Experience and knowledge in the following areas:
electrical safety analysis and design
hazardous area compliance
power generation, system analysis, and protection
power cable/line wiring methods and material selection
principles of shielding and grounding for power lines and cables
determining adequacy of equipment ratings/selection (e.g. withstand, interrupting, latching, Basic Insulation Level)
bus transfer schemes that includes Automatic Transfer Scheme, fast transfer, and residual voltage transfer
design and operation of battery back-up / UPS systems
motor starting methods (e.g. soft start, variable speed)
- Experience applying international industry codes and standards e.g. IEC, ANSI etc.
- Proficient in data collection and analysis tools such as SAP, Analytics & Tableau or similar
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to plan and coordinate competing work activities and priorities
- Team player able to interface with other engineering disciplines and people from other cultures
- Willing and able to travel as required, both domestic and international.