The DuPont Bayport plant is seeking a highly motivated Electrical Engineer to join the Engineering Science group. The Bayport site, located in Pasadena, Texas, is a key Kapton® film manufacturing facility for DuPont’s Interconnect Solutions Business. ICS is a global manufacturer of a broad array of high performance films and laminate materials used in the electronics industry. Our products are used extensively in aircraft, automotive applications, high-speed trains, personal electronics, and military equipment. The Bayport site has a flexible, non-union, high performance work system environment.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for leveraging solutions and resources to solve common engineering challenges, and for developing engineering solutions to support our manufacturing plant site. The successful candidate is also responsible for providing capital project deliverables, technology application, and for driving excellence and efficiency within their field of expertise through implementation of appropriate engineering tools, technologies, and work processes, typically as part of a project team. The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide technical assistance to the manufacturing area.
- Provide a quality process design package to the detailed design team.
- Develop layouts and conduct reviews to consider constructability, operability and maintainability of the facility.
- Interface with and participate on teams with manufacturing personnel, maintenance personnel, other engineering design disciplines, vendors, contractors, and suppliers as needed.
- Provide electrical system commissioning and start-up support as required.
- Create cost estimates, design schedules and timeline reconciliation with other disciplines.
- Author scopes of work and equipment specifications.
- Manage all aspects of design including, but not limited to:
- Application of Codes, Standards, and Regulations
- Area Classification
- Electrical System Studies
- Utility interface
- Creation and mark-up of electrical drawings
- Support supplier qualification and sourcing of electrical equipment
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- 10 years or more of manufacturing experience including project experience with working knowledge of electrical equipment as well as experience with typical failure modes and repair procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of key PSM Technology elements such as Process Hazards Analysis, Process Technology, Management of Change , RAGAGEP among others
- Ability to evaluate existing electrical equipment and utilize engineering design processes to improve safety and reliability
- Knowledge of process instrumentation preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and desire to expand knowledge
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent activities and deliver on commitments under tight time constraints
- Ability to work in a team environment to deliver project objectives
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, self-motivated, and able to function independent of supervision.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including consulting by telephone
- Sound interpersonal skills, confidence, and ability to form good working relationships and negotiate effectively with internal and external contacts; comfortable working with colleagues with a variety of backgrounds